Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This week in TMMO....

We are continuing to work the Total Money Makeover plan. We are still on Baby Step 1 (BS1), a $1,000 in the bank for baby emergency fund (BEF). Our BEF isn't fully funded yet but we have been working on it! We are about 34% done. I picked up a shift last night at the restaurant I worked at before my current job. It was pretty dead so only made $20 in tips. But hey, it is $20 more than I had when I started! Also, the owner wants me to come back two Friday nights a month to be manager on those shifts. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet, but I am considering it. It would just be more snowflakes, even if it wasn't a lot, something is better than nothing, so long as I am not having to pay childcare.

As for other steps we are taking: today I opened a new checking account that offers a 4% interest earnings on balances up to $25k!!! So since I NEVER have anywhere near that amount, I am golden! It is like free money, I am super excited about this! I know, I am a numbers nerd, I have made peace with that.

I can't wait to get baby step 1 finished up so I can let that snowball roll, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment